Every single day millions of small farmers, land workers, pastoralists and fisherfolk work hard to produce wonderful, healthy, refreshing food for our plates. We need to save this. All across Europe citizens are standing up for Good Food & Good Farming!
Join us this autumn to contribute to a powerful movement. Be part of the European Days of action for Good Food & Good Farming on the last weekend (27/28) of October 2018.
Factory food and farming causes climate change, loss of nature, illegal logging, water scarcity, and pollution, both within the EU and third countries. Corporations are thriving while family farms are disappearing. This is because farmers, fishers, pastoralists and food artisans who produce and distribute sustainably are marginalised at the expense of big business. 800 million hungry people and 1.5 billion obese show that the globalised food system is broken.
We are part of the solution: More and more citizens are concerned about where food comes from and how it is produced. They buy seasonal, organic and local products. This shows us: good food and good farming for all is possible – now and in the future.
2018 is a vital moment for the future of our food in Europe: every year €60 billion of taxpayers’ money is distributed to farmers via the EU’s Common Agricultural Policy (CAP). Right now, the biggest factory farmers get the most money. But in Brussels, a reform of the policy is underway, and many other laws are being discussed at the same time, affecting the way we farm and what we eat. Now is the time to stand up!
We need policies that defend the interests of people, animals and the environment. We need farms instead of factories. That’s why this October, we – the powerful, colourful and loud Good Food & Good Farming movement – will turn our cooking pots into a symbol for Europe´s good food and farming. It`s time for our actions to become impossible to ignore. We believe in Europe and that such challenges can better be solved together.
- access to tasty, nutritious and culturally appropriate food for all
- fair income and decent work conditions for farmers, land workers, pastoralists and fishers
- no GMOs
- a better future in rural communities and in the city
- animal welfare and fewer, better-quality animal products
- bee-friendly agriculture that protects the climate and the environment
- a CAP reform that is socially just, sustainable, supports living rural areas and does not harm other countries
- many more people in farming & opportunities for youth
- more participatory political processes
- food sovereignty and fair world trade
- re-localisation of food production, processing and consumption
This autumn, join thousands of others across Europe and unleash your imagination – organise a demonstration, a protest picnic or any other creative way of showing the food and farming future we want and need.
Here at SFYN Scotland we will be organising an event in Edinburgh and/or Glasgow, if you are interested in getting involved please email email@example.com